Sunday, January 22, 2006

Mother's Love IV

Reposted from Wednesday, October 6 2004

Hmm.

Whenever your mother walks into your bedroom or study, what do you believe she will say the first thing she enters your room?

My Mother has a very strong belief system: anything that is a millimetre out of place should be put back in it's proper position (whether original or new-found). and if the item is an inch away from it's proper placing, the culprit who did not return the item back to its original position deserves a good arse-beating and possible trip to the gallows.

Of course, this means that instead of the usual 'How was school today boy?' She'll just bark out something along the lines of 'Pack up your tables and tidy up your bed! Do this now or you'll be facing the gallows in five minutes time!!'

I'll just look at her blankly with my headphones on, and I'll (just for the kicks) ask her to repeat herself. By this time, she'll have moved on to the part where I dod not keep my table prim and rosy as though my study was on display at Madame Tussaud's or some fancy crib downtown at Christie's auction house.

Needless to say, (as it is always the case where mothers are your natural rulers and slave-drivers) I packed up my stuff, but still managed to make it (my table) just as messy as it was within the few short moments where she just steps out of the room. Talk about Competency huh?


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home