Sunday, January 22, 2006

Mother's Love VI

Reposted from Friday, October 29 2004

Hmm.

This morning, i slept at 2:30am, and got up at about 7am. due to last night's botched attempt to produce something concrete with my clay model, I had left my table exactly as it was and went to bed after brushing my teeth over-zealously.

In the morning, I went down to breakfast, and as per every messy-table-last-night-before-you-went-to-bed *conversation* with mother, it ended up with her attacking my every possible flaw, with her concentration rotating around my messiness.

I mean, I'll clean it up later, yarh? What's the (toot)ing big deal? I mean, unless some form of giant alien earthworm come gallivanting across the universe to consume the clay dust particles on my desk, wrecks the house in the process and then leaves with a self-satisfying burp, there really isn't any reason for her to shout at me other than her impeccable preference for cleanlinessI can almost imagine myself trying to tell her to take it easy.

Her eyes will bulge and then the shouting will start all over agan.

After that, she'll start to stuff my small lunchbox with every bitty bit of tasteless fruitcake she can muster together. During those few precious seconds, I have to distract her subsantially such that I won't have to resort to giving away most of the fruitcake away to my classmates, and just eating a bite myself. This includes:

C: 'Mum, I don't have any class today, and I'll be busy working on my project so I won't have time to eat the cake, ok?'

She just looked at me and shoved in more cake.

C: 'Mum, didn't you hear me? I WON'T BE ABLE TO EAT THE CAKE BECAUSE I'LL BE TOO BUSY.'

Mum: 'So? Eat while you work, then you can eat while you work.'

I believe you'll want to read that line again.

C; 'Wh-wh-what? I don't have the time, so I can't eat the cake, ok? If I don't have the time to eat, then you'll be seeing a full cake-box when I get back.'

Mum: 'You'd better eat it or I'll whack you'

C: 'It's true! that's why I stayed up till 2:30am last night just so I can get some headway into the project.'

Mum: 'WHAT!!! YOU STAYED UP TILL 2:30AM??? SO LATE!!! WERE YOU ON THE INTERNET???'

C: 'I was working on my project, not working in the internet...'

Mum: 'You better eat the cake arh.'

C: 'Mum, how many times must I tell you: I.... Dun...Have...The...Time...Ok?'

Then she went off into a rant about how I cannot multi-task and be an efficient person.

Pray tell, how I can eat the cake when my hands are covered in clay dust?If you can come up with a solution (apart from any which involves spending money) then I'll be taking my hat off to you.

Also, I'll be keeping mother away from you.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home