Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mother's love IX

Reposted from Saturday November 27th 2004

Hmm.

My school results came out recntly, and my mother wasn't really happy. Well, I told her my results over the phone, and i could hear her unhappy tone over the phone. I, therefore became unhappy since she was unhappy with my results and I accidentally cut her off because my phone became unhappy with our unhappy conversation and developed the unhappy habit of conking off whenever it could, and causing me to be further unhappier.

Urgh.

She said that I should cut down on my guitar time, and start focussing on being the best. When expressing my views she was being very negative about my marks, especially since it was just the first semester, she said this:

'I'm being supportive of you, you know, and I'm trying to encourage you to get better results' all the while sounding as though she were talking to a new-born.

For your very information, my guitar playing (though it may take up a considerable amount of time everyday) is completely out of my mind whenever I focus on my school work, and telling me to hang the darn thing up is in no way encouraging me to do better in school.

I dunno, maybe I'm just so paranoid about whatevr she says that it turns out negative to my ears everytime.

Anyhow, recently saw some DVDs featuring the band Yes, and they really rock dude!!! Steve Howe is really one guitar pro. Chris Squire is a great showman-cum-bass player, and Jon Anderson's vocals bring the audience really close together.

I just wish I could bring on such expertise in my playing and singing... I suck terribly recently (no thanks to pressure from mother to quite guitar).

Anyhow, check out next time, gotta go.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home