Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Mother's Love XIII

Reposted from Monday, March 7th 2005

Hmm.

With Brother Dearest in the army, and Daddy Darling in Switzerland... guess who has to listen to the old woman wheeze out her problems to all evening?

Yeah. Yours truly first had to endure the daily routine of scold, scold, and more scolding before dinner made its way unto the dinner table.

And it was all because of the bloody rice. Usually, Daddy Darling will have gotten the rice started by the time I reached home from school. By the time I'd gotten out of my shoes, he'd have finished washing only the white rice, which is put into the cooker after the red rice cooks. Then he'd shout for me to wash the veggies, peel the garlic, rinse the bowls and lick his boots.

After getting most of the things done, I'd set up the table and only then I'd be able to get my shower after a (definitely) long day. Oh, and don't forget to bring down the laundry, my good lad.

Anyhow, Uck-Me was just plodding on with her usual 'you're such a lazy good-for-nothing' lecture on how I should remain thrifty (hello, $225 wah-wah pedal), how i should make more effort to focus on my studies (hello, computer), how i should make myself more involved with the family duties (hello, good-looking!). Ok, scratch the last one.

Oh, let's not forget her good 'ol: "Mummy is trying to teach you how to be a better person, if you listen to mummy, you'll never go wrong".

Yeah. Absolute bollocks.In any case, she's always trying to make me stay downstairs ("come down, boy! eat fruit!"), trying to make me play less guitar ("come down, boy! eat fruit!"), trying to make me talk to her ("come down, boy! eat fruit!"), and mother of all things... just to interrogate me whether: I have a gerrlfriend, I defecate consistantly and if I work few hours so that my pocket money is pathetic.

In any case, all I had to do was; shut up, eat my veggies, and calm her down by telling her I got an 'A' in AutoCAD.

Oh, and I brought in the dry laundry as well.


Cheers,

Crawldaddy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home